At noon today City of Burlington officials announced that evacuated residents have been allowed back to their homes in the vicinity of Echo Lake Foods. They have been advised to keep their doors and windows closed to prevent smoke infiltration.
Among the other noon updates:
- The fire at Echo Lake Foods has been contained and the fire department is currently working on hot spots.
- The fire department is releasing equipment and personnel back to their departments.
- The number of fire fighting personnel on scene is greatly reduced from the count on scene overnight.
- The fire investigation is just beginning and there are no updates of the amount of damage or cause of the fire at this time.
- Workforce Development will be at the Veteran’s Terrace, 589 Milwaukee Avenue, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, February 6 to assist the employees at Echo Lake Foods.